Friday, June 4, 2010

Gurthukostunnayi #1

  • Counting stars in the sky, analyzing the moon ,cloud movements,Chanting krishna Arjuna falguna every time there was a thunder or lightening .
  • Stories Amma used to make up just to make me eat and mahabharatha Thaatha used to narrate every week and how he would ask me to repeat the same thing next week
  • How I used to think I can go touch the Sun that sets behind the mountains in front of my house
  • How I wouldnt get down from my cot after 6 pm with fear of stepping on frogs and the ghost that would always stay under my bed;Chanting Sri Ajaneyam Prasanna Anjaneyam,Sri Krishna OM and thinking that they will sit near my head all through the night to protect me from the ghost under my bed
  • How dad thrashed because I would never give straight answers for anything unless I was offered a trip to our fields
  • The beehive,lake,pond,sparrow nests infront of my house
  • Muzaki and her crazy son near my house;Mainu,Mooka,Chamanbi  ,how they used to pinch my non existent cheeks and teach me Deedhi tera deewar.....Playing with Bachi, munni, faisal, srinu, raghu, kavi, alamelu
  • How thatha used to carry me in a basket to attha's place,Travelling by bullock cart ,bicycle,tractor and Cheetak scooter.
  • Playing with Teja and Rajesh.Manipulating Teja to bite her own hands instead of mine :P.Teaching Rajesh how to walk
  • Bharathi miss and Thaatarao master's school where I learnt to write A and B with my left hand .
  • Walking 2 kms on a muddy road because I was angry with dad and Going off to grandparents place for studies.
  • Missing our train in Nidadavolu station when me n dad got down for lunch and How I would always prefer to travel with dad cos he would buy me infinite number of frooties and not with amma cos she would start a lecture everytime I ask for frooti.
  • Boasting to people in andhra about Mualla bhai's oxen,one of my aunts used to remove her hearing aid every time I used to go to her place.
  • First day at school and how padma miss gave me chocolates to stop me from crying and first rikshawala surayya and how the rickshaw directly fell into a waterless canal!
  • The accident where an iron rod pierced into my face very close to my left eye , swearing at the doctor n hitting him with icecream balls every time he used to come for dressing.Amnesia,nauseating feeling and fainting at the sight of scooter after that.Going to back to school after a month and fellow students getting scared at my ghost like face.
  • Fights with sahitya and how her dad would come to school to sort things out.Coming second in frog jump after Sahitya.Playing and fighting with Sahitya ,Chaitanya ,Ranjit,Chowdary and kittu.Throwing stones at krishna kumari miss for beating kittu.Hitting ramesh with my slate for no reason and giving him a scar on his eyebrow for the rest of his life.Meeting Santosh for the first time in a skit rehearsal where he played the king. 
  • Bunking tutions and sitting on the Raccha Banda  in the outskirts of our village ,pretending reading Nehru's and Indira Gandhi's autobiographies and How I got caught when my grandpa went to tution and found me missing and the thrashings after that
  • How I would stand behind the door and cry while amma used to leave to karnataka :( :(.I used to cry the entire day in school.Sometimes I just used to fall asleep so that I need not see amma leave.
That almost covers the first five years of my life!



2 comments: